McIntosh just announced the MDA200 D/A Converter, allowing audiophiles to add premium digital music capabilities to an analog audio system. At the heart of the MDA200 is the McIntosh DA2 Digital Audio Module featured in the award-winning MA12000 Integrated Amplifier and C2700and C53 Preamplifiers, now offered as a standalone D/A converter.
The DA2 in the MDA200 is powered by a Quad Balanced, 8-channel, 32-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC). This audiophile-grade DAC features enhanced dynamic range and improved total harmonic distortion. The DA2 supports high resolution digital audio playback, as the USB input supports native playback of up to DSD512 and DXD up to 384kHz, while the coax and optical inputs can decode digital music up to 24-bit/192kHz. The MDA200 includes (7) digital audio inputs: 2 coaxial, 2 optical, 1 USB, 1 MCT (to pair with the brand’s MCT series of SACD/CD Transports), and 1 audio-only HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) connection.
The product further serves as an upgrade to replace older D/A converters that may now be obsolete and outdated. Keeping in mind that digital music formats and technologies change and improve over time, the DA2 is designed with the ability to be replaced by a newer digital audio module in the future – positioning the MDA200 as a timeless investment and addition to a home audio system for years to come.
Features of The McIntosh MDA200 Digital To Analog Converter
- HDMI (ARC) input to enhance television and film experience
- Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs
- Balanced and unbalanced analog outputs for preamplifier or integrated amplifier connection
- McIntosh’s iconic design elements including illuminated logo, rotary control knobs, custom machined aluminum end caps and black glass faceplate
The MDA200 will be available via US Authorized McIntosh Dealers beginning November 2022 with the rest of the world soon after, with an MSRP of $4,000 US dollars.
• Read more DAC and digital audiophile component reviews here.
• Learn more about the McIntosh MDA200 at McIntosh (site)