MartinLogan, the leader in high-performance loudspeakers, is excited to announce the release of not one but two new product lines, the Motion and the Motion XT. This premium collection of loudspeakers has been completely reimagined with a fresh attitude, sleek design, and advanced audio technology for the ultimate listening experience.
Motion is the result of an ambitious ground up development process, ushering in a new era of design and performance for the MartinLogan brand. A unique execution utilizing the most advanced technologies and materials, the new Motion Series offers unmatched performance, while the stunning design compliments even
the most elegant interiors with your choice of three available finishes (Gloss Black, Walnut, Satin White).
“We wanted to provide the team at ML the opportunity to define the future direction of the brand with a truly clean slate design,” said John Bagby, Managing Director, “The result is a collection of loudspeakers that are not just an upgrade of its predecessor, but a whole new level of quality and excellence.”
Customers will love the Motion Series for its superior sound quality, enhanced design and the level of detail, passion, and craftsmanship that go into every model. With its advanced technologies, such as the new and improved drivers and waveguide design, the Motion Series offers unparalleled sound reproduction and a truly immersive listening experience. The sleek and stylish design of the audiophile speakers makes them a perfect fit for any space.
“When the Motion Series launched in 2010, we had no idea how much of a following the technology would generate,” said Allan Tarrant, Senior Vice President. “This fourth-generation product is truly a game changer for our brand. Our team has truly outdone themselves with the performance, craftsmanship and level of attention that went into creating these new models.”
This new range features a host of new audio innovations exclusive to the company, including:
● Gen2 Obsidian Folded Motion Tweeters – MartinLogan’s signature thin-film tweeter technology isupgraded with new larger magnet structures, improving performance with lower distortion and higheroutput. Motion Series’ latest thin-film Gen2 Obsidian Folded Motion Tweeter offers effortless performance that brings your favorite content to life with the highest levels of detail and accuracy. Motion XT Series receives the highest performance variant of MartinLogan’s signature FMT technology, the Gen2 Obsidian Folded Motion XT Tweeter. Elevating the signature FMT to new heights with a 40 percent increase in surface area, the “XT” Series offers the most effortless and detailed sound in the Motion range.
● Folded Motion Waveguide – Meticulously selected after reviewing nearly 50 design iterations to enhance the consistency, dispersion, and output of the incredible Gen2 Folded Motion Tweeters. The waveguide ensures consistent performance across a wide range of listening positions while minimizing unwanted room reflections.
● All New Cone Materials – Motion® XT receives Nomex Reinforced Kevlar woofers for the critical midrange frequencies, while Motion® receives Woven Fiberglass woofers, perfectly aligning these series with their in-wall/in-ceiling CI siblings for seamless timbre matching.
● F.A.S.T. Foot – Tower models feature MartinLogan’s new fully adjustable, toolless feet that provide increased performance with their anti-vibration properties and fast adjustment to level a speaker on any type of flooring.
● Secure Lock Grilles – Stealth mounting tabs securely hold the audiophile speaker grilles in place, allowing the listener to customize the appearance of each speaker. Creating a unique look; by leaving the grilles on, off, or even rotating them to change the grain of the fabric provides maximum aesthetic control.
● McCracken-Vojtko Crossovers – The culmination of combining extensive anechoic measurements, in-room measurements, and blind listening tests with the low distortion philosophy of MartinLogan’s signature Vojtko Crossover. Through this process, each speaker was refined to achieve the best performance for its application.
New MartinLogan XT Audiophile Speakers Launching at Audio Advice Event…
MartinLogan is excited to announce the exclusive launch event for its new Motion / Motion XT product line. In partnership with Audio Advice, a long-time family member of the MartinLogan brand, the event will take place at Audio Advice’s Raleigh, NC showroom on Glenwood Avenue. “Audio Advice is one of the longest-running family members with the MartinLogan brand. Their passion, beautiful showrooms and expert staff make it the perfect location for the world premiere of this new Motion range,” says Allan Tarrant, Senior Vice President of MartinLogan.
The event will be held from 12pm to 4pm EST on Saturday, February 11th.
Several members of the MartinLogan team will be present, along with Audioholics conducting a live stream. Guests will have the opportunity to see and hear the new Motion family of products for the first time, and meet with members of the MartinLogan team.
Did Klipsch / Audiovox buy MartinLogan? These loudspeakers and the Klipsch Reference Premier series are virtually indistinguishable.
No. Paradigm owns MartinLogan.