MartinLogan’s history dates back to its founding by Gayle Sanders and Ron Sutherland back in the early 1980s. Their CLX were among the most game-changing designs in the history of audio. While nearly impossible to integrate with a subwoofer and the MartinLogan CLX . Mt MartinLogan ESL SpeakersSpecial?
• A curved panel that .
• footprint .
• The MartinLogan Electro Motion ESL do best on a dedicated amp with lots of current and
• The MartinLogan Electro Motion ESL when placed a few feet . .
On the hit “Walk Life” from Dire Straits iconic , I got a chance to hear how the MartinLogan Electro Motion ESL speakers could present a wide, fun and open sound. Vocals were centered with background vocals sounding beautifully layered. The carnival-like organ
On a slightly more modern track“Get Lucky” by Daft Punk featuring Pharrell WilliamsI the volume up a bit test the retro-disco vibes and the low end. So how is the bass? Not bad. In fact it is very good. When I got up to adjust my seating position, . That is just the nature of ESL speakers and MartinLogans are Pharrell’s vocals sounded open .
Link to review one
Link to review two
Link to review three
MartinLogans hold their value nice and you should expect that to be the case with the ElectroMotion ESL’s too. Can you keep the boxes? If so, they will sell from Audiogon.com or eBay.com with ease when or you ever want to make a change. There are other speakers in the $2,000 realm that are so esoteric and that you are likely to lose your ass . That isn’t the case with the MartinLogan Electro Motion ESLs. They are going to be a solid, blue-chip investment.
• Magnepan speakers from Minnesota are an audiophile favorite but even more difficult to drive, are a little less expensive [DB1] at $1,per pair but don’t even think about using these Maggies in a home theater if you like it to rock.
• MartinLogan has any number of speakers in their Motion speakers that use a tweeter that sound of a MartinLogan ESL ESL panel. The Motion 40i at around $2,200 per pair a good comp in this neighborhood.
• traditional dynamic speakers in the $2,000 per pair range blue-chip brands audiophile the likes of Texton Designs,SVS and RSL. Listen to some of the good traditional dynamic speakers first before making your investment. If you fall in love with the unique MartinLogan sound as so many of us have over the years.
bought my mother MartinLogan speakers and Anthem electronics she absolutely loves . who loves music and wants to . They have great value, a unique soundand are a true gateway to the journey that the audiophile hobby. .